Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.

Hosea 14

I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them. v4

As a follow up to yesterday's post on how God is slow to anger and abounding love, here we have God promising to restore and heal the Israelites. 

Ultimately, however, we know where this goes and it takes God to send His one and only Son to save us (John 3:16).  Jesus will be victorious and Hosea prophesizes as such:

I will deliver this people from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction? Hosea 13:14

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” Acts 2:36

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Messiah and my Savior.  You came to rescue me and You did indeed!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such an act of love. I am lazy and selfish - forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Help us point Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You and my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.