Monday, July 24, 2017

Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.”

Exodus 32

Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.” v2

Aaron had Moses and vice versa - God recognized that men should serve and live together, sharpening each other (Proverbs 27:17).  While Moses was with the Lord on top of Mt Sinai, was surrounded by the Israelites who at this point have very short memories and whose faith is weak and dull. 

Pastor Marty yesterday indicated that we are to submit to one another as a result of being filled with the Spirit.  In the absence of another we are far more likely to succumb to temptation and sin.  As an example, Pastor Marty used Martin Luther as one whose turn to hatred and anti semitism resulted from his isolation.

We must have our one anothers and submit to them.  Se also posts here.

See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. Hebrews 3:12-15

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I know You are with me and You love me - thank You Jesus! I am not worth such love.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.