Sunday, October 22, 2017

So he pretended to be insane in their presence; and while he was in their hands he acted like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard.

1 Samuel 21

So he pretended to be insane in their presence; and while he was in their hands he acted like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard. v13

David is certainly a man who has a heart for the Lord - yet he was not perfect.  Just as Moses or anyone before David or anyone after David (Paul, Peter, etc.), we must recognize that God alone is pure and sinless.  Jesus lived a sinless life and did not deserve to die, yet He willingly submitted to God's will (John 3:16).

While we, from time to time, place faith in other people to give us hope, encouragement, etc., we must recognize that God alone is source for all and He will provide for all of our needs.

But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. Deuteronomy 8:18
 
 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who provides for all of my needs.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy such love.  I often worry and I place my hope in people or earthly things - I know this is sinful.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Please give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.