Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Psalm 34

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. v10

God provides - for all of our needs. 

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:2

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

The implication of both Psalm 34 and Psalm 16 is that WITH God, He provides.  We are to stay near to God, connected to Him.  And we are to do so daily.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Give us each day our daily bread. Luke 11:3

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors[.] Proverbs 8:34
 
Scripture also says that Jesus is our shepherd and that we would be lost without Him.
 
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

My Prayer:  Jesus, You are an amazing God and You have provided all the days of life - abundantly.  My cup overflows.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love because I often chase other Gods or don't fully place my trust in You.  Please forgive me for such sin!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.