Monday, March 26, 2018

For your ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all your paths.

Proverbs 5

For your ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all your paths. v21

This Proverb focuses on the 7th commandment, "[y]ou shall not commit adultery",  and it provides several warnings, including: ruin comes to the adulterer and how nothing is hidden from God.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17
 
This Proverb also provides an encouragement to maintain passion for your wife:
 
Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers. May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love. Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife? Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman? v15-20 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God, who loves me, is always with me, protects me, guides me, etc. and so much more - that You love me is amazing.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love as I worry and I fall down - broken.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.