Monday, March 5, 2018

Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, you his servants, the descendants of Abraham, his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.

Psalm 105

Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, you his servants, the descendants of Abraham, his chosen ones, the children of Jacob. v5-6

This Psalm causes us to recall how God is faithful - how he made and kept a covenant with Abraham, Issac, and Jacob and how he rescued Israel from Egypt.  

We should praise God for what He has done - not just for what we know is Truth in the Bible but for ourselves specifically in our lives.  God sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for me - this I know but of course there is so much more.  He has transformed my heart and my life to be more like Him - I am less angry, more patient, etc. I still worry - but less so.  All "fruits of spirit".  I have more to go...the race is not over.  I must endure.

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Acts 4:12-13

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has worked wonders in the world and for me specifically - thank You Jesus!  My cup for sure overflows.  I am not worth such love and blessings.  I worry...too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.