Thursday, June 7, 2018

Moreover, the people are saying, “He will not see what happens to us.”

Jeremiah 12

Moreover, the people are saying, “He will not see what happens to us.” v4

Jeremiah complains to God about how people around Him sin and Jeremiah feels they get away with it and that they deserve judgement and punishment.  We should know that sin is not unnoticed and that nothing is hidden from Him.  God's justice is also perfect - and that all are subject to His judgement as He reigns.

We should not concern ourselves with others' sin (unless we need to confront sin of a brother or sister in Christ).  We should focus on our own sin and the greatness of God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and You have transformed my heart and life to make me more like You - thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.