Saturday, October 12, 2019

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. v17

In Colossians 3-4, Paul focuses on practical advice on Christian living, including:

- Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. v5
But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dos not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices[.] v8-9
- [C]lothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. v12-14

Questions may arise regarding how we can do these things - key is that we cannot...in our own strength.  It is only through Christ that our hearts and lives are transformed.   No doubt there is more work to be done but God has accomplished miracles in my life as I have drawn close to Him and allowed Him to be more.

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has transformed my heart and life - thank You Jesus for the work You have done in me.  I am grateful.  Yet I know I am undeserving.  My sin is great and daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin .  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.