Sunday, October 27, 2019

Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have departed from the faith.

1 Timothy 6

Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have departed from the faith. v20-21

In his final charge of this first letter to Timothy, Paul once again returns to the theme of false teachings and teachers. The world would like us to pursue all kinds of ideas but Christ is the source of all wisdom and knowledge and anyone or anything that denies this as such and denies Christ as their Lord and Savior is destined for eternal damnation.  Similarly, those who follow the "godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge" are also destined for destruction.  

We must "be alert and of sober mind" as Satan and his minions can easily lead us astray.  Key is what earthly influences we place around us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who protects me from harm.  Thank You Jesus for placing Godly influences in my life and for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I know also that You will never leave or forsake me.  I am grateful.  Yet I know I am undeserving.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.