Tuesday, April 7, 2020

So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. Joshua 21:43-45

Day 71 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on the specific distribution (towns, borders, boundaries) of the promised land among the remaining 9.5 tribes of Israel on the west of Jordan, as well as distribution of allotments to the Levites and to Joshua.  Once all the land is distributed, we see how - despite the unfaithfulness displayed by the Israelites time and time again, - God is faithful and fulfills ALL of His promises.

As I peruse posts I've made on this topic, I'd like to highlight several great passages and verses:

God is praised for many attributes and deeds and for keeping His covenant with Israel, including:   

He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit. Psalm 105:8-11

The angel Gabriel brings Mary the great news that she will give birth to Jesus - our Lord and Savior, telling her the news and reassuring her of the certainty of God's word:

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

Paul writes of Abraham's faith in God's ability to delivery on His promises:

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:20-21

Psalms also gives us this verse highlighting God's faithfulness:

For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Psalm 117:2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE faithful...and Your word will NEVER fail - I can count on You like no other.  You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I know You love me and You will never leave or forsake me!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your love. I continue in my sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.