Saturday, November 27, 2021

You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 26-27

You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. You shall keep my Sabbaths and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord. Leviticus 26:1-2
 
This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - starting chapter twenty-three (the final chapter) - Either-Or - covering Leviticus 26-27, looking specifically at the introduction and first theme for the chapter - God Calls Us to Right Worship. Here, the commentary's introduction for the chapter describes a black and white set of commands God gives us to live in obedience or disobedience to Him.  The commentary theme for today then starts with Leviticus 26:1-2 where it commands us to not worship idols or other gods above the one true God (see also Exodus 20) and to observe the Sabbath as a day of rest and to experience corporate worship with other believers at church. 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who blesses me...daily.  Your mercies are new every morning - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You bless me Jesus!  I sin every day, including worry, harsh words, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.