Friday, June 11, 2010

The (Radiance) Veil Of Moses vs the Holy Spirit of Jesus

Today's Reading
Exodus Chp 34

After Moses pleads with God for mercy on the Israelites, God then prepares two new stone tablets with the ten commandments inscribed on them, renews his covenant with Moses and the Israelites, and provides further instructions on how to live. As evidence of God working in and through Moses, Moses' face becomes radiant:

29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. (Exodus 34:39)

Seeking further understanding of this "radiance" I did an Internet search and found this link:

http://oakesministries.org/VeilofMoses.aspx

In the Summation and Application sections of this commentary, there is discussion of how Moses radiance is temporary, yet with Jesus this "glow" that we have is ever present (assuming we continue to be in relationship with Him).

I often times feel that I am not a light...I desire to be near my Lord and to be close to Him.

My Prayer: Lord, help me draw near to you, help me be close to you. Help me follow you, be obedient to you, glorify you, serve you and ultimately be a light for you.