Wednesday, May 11, 2011

STAY Close to the Lord By Coming Back to Him Every Time - NO SHAME!

2 Chronicles Chp 20

We are often told to draw closely to the Lord, implying we do this once.  However, we must STAY close to the Lord, implying this is both a process and a cycle for as we sin we must seek repentance and His love again and again.

Witness Jehoshaphat who does draw close to the Lord but like all of us strays.

31 So Jehoshaphat reigned over Judah. He was thirty-five years old when he became king of Judah, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-five years. His mother’s name was Azubah daughter of Shilhi. 32 He followed the ways of his father Asa and did not stray from them; he did what was right in the eyes of the LORD.

Notice that Jehoshaphat followed the ways of his father...it does not say he followed the Lord!

And whoa to those who don't!

35 Later, Jehoshaphat king of Judah made an alliance with Ahaziah king of Israel, whose ways were wicked. 36 He agreed with him to construct a fleet of trading ships.[f] After these were built at Ezion Geber, 37 Eliezer son of Dodavahu of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, “Because you have made an alliance with Ahaziah, the LORD will destroy what you have made.” The ships were wrecked and were not able to set sail to trade.

My Prayer: Lord, you are perfect and your ways are perfect.  Yet I know I am not and my sin separates myself from you.  Purify me of my sin and transform heart as I am deeply sorry for my sin and truly seek you. Help me repent from my sin, seek your ways and your will and to love, trust and obey you with all of my heart.