Monday, May 9, 2011

Will I Listen to Wise Counsel....Even I Don't Like What is Said?

2 Chronicles Chp 18

7 The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat, “There is still one prophet through whom we can inquire of the LORD, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad. He is Micaiah son of Imlah.”

First of all, a prophet is one known to speak truth - from God of course.  Yet the king of Israel hates Michiah.   The first key point for me is am I seeking truth or what is good for me (in a selfish way)?  If I were to amplify this key point, I need to both surround myself with those speaking truth and accept the truth they speak.

My Prayer: Lord, you ARE truth, you are the WAY, and you are the LIGHT.  There is no God like you and you are everything to me.  Forgive me for seeking other idols when I do, whether it is other ways to spend my time or my own will, or earthy matters, please, please forgive me.  Help me truly focus on you, seek you out, love you, obey you, trust you.  Help me surround myself with those who speak truth, invite this truth into my heart and live this truth.