Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stick to the Plan Man!

Today's Reading
Deuteronomy 4:1-2

It did not take long in my reading this morning to stop and pause given how I was struck with the following:

1 Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. 2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

What I get from this is that God's plan is perfect, his laws are perfect, and his guidance is perfect for us - we don't need anything more and we don't need anything less. This is a matter of our love, faith, trust and obedience to Him.

My Prayer: Lord, you are perfect in every way. Forgive me when I think how you may not be perfect or how you may not be enough - oh how foolish this is! Thank for your love and guidance and mercy - even though I don't deserve it. Help me love you more, trust you more, and follow you more. And yes, help me be in more communication with you - in prayer and otherwise.