Monday, January 6, 2014

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Matthew 24

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. v44

I have often read about how God wants us to live with the end in mind...that our days are numbered...that we are foreigners on earth...not for this place but made for us to be in heaven with Jesus.

Per Hebrews 9, I need to be "waiting for Him"...anticipating His return knowing that there must be a state of readiness.  There is an appointed time (which no one knows WHEN it will be but that it WILL arrive) and we are to be ready.  At this time, I will be judged.  

In Psalms 90 it says this:

Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom. v12.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are gracious beyond words and beyond measure...particularly full of grace for me specifically.  You know all about me, even my sin yet You came to earth to suffer and die for me so that I could have forgiveness and eternal life in heaven with You.  You are the most amazing gift of all!  I am not worthy of such a gift nor Your blessings and love.  I am lazy, selfish, angry, and impatient.  Thank You that You have loved and I know You still love me but please Jesus help me...forgive me for these sins and help me turn from these sins and help me be the man You intend for me.