Tuesday, January 7, 2014

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."

Matthew 25

“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." v13

Once again Jesus encourages me to be ready for when He comes again.  As I posted yesterday, I believe we must be in a state of readiness.

Readiness implies being available - being alert and listening/watching for when Jesus arrives.  Readiness also implies having prepared - taking care of the tasks Jesus asked of me.  Of course Jesus asks much of me and perhaps one way of summing this up might be in Luke:

"from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked..." Luke 12:48

I know I have been blessed and Jesus has entrusted me with much so much WILL be expected.  I must both be watching/listening for Jesus and prepared in terms of having done what He expected from me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You created the heavens and earth, all of inhabitants and everything else in the universe.  You bless me beyond measurement and what I deserve.  You lived and died just for me and You rose again providing eternal life in heaven with You.  Incredible!  Again I am not deserving.  I KNOW that I don't measure up to what You expect for me as a worker, a dad, a husband, etc.  Thank You that You love me but please forgive me for falling short - my sin!  Please help me turn from this sin and help me be the man You intend for me!