Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you."

John 17

"I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you." v11

As the time draws near for Jesus to be crucified, He thinks not of Himself but of the disciples...His children.  This passage of scripture makes me think of my own children and my role as a father...and in general my role as a believer.  I am called to love others as Jesus does and this means service, sacrifice, prayer, etc....a focus on the things eternal.  I will not be on earth for very long, making it all the more important that I focus on passing on a love of Christ so my kids are well rooted and firm in the faith. I cannot guarantee that they will believe and accept in Christ so that is where the prayer comes into play.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are amazing...You never stop thinking about me and acting on my behalf.  How great You are...even more so because You know everything about me and You always have...sin and all.  I am not worth such love and blessing - that You think about me and serve me constantly.  I am quick to anger and slow to listen...and greatly impatient.  I have often asked to be healed of such sin but it has not been the case...I suppose it may yet happen...I've certainly been transformed in these areas but there is more to do.  Forgive me for these sins and help me turn away from them and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.