Thursday, September 24, 2015

Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

1 John 3

Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him. v15

Strong words from John here that hatred for believers is a sin and that it equates to murder which of course is one of the Ten Commandments.  I recommend not using the word hate in your daily speech because of its strong association with sin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are - You are the definition of love, selflessly serving me and all of Your children!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love or such a God...but You poured out Your live for me...thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my laziness, lack of action, lack of boldness, etc.  You desire me to be bold.  Please forgive me.  You desire for me to glorify You and to bring others to You...I often do not.  Please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me only love - with no hate in my heart or mind.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.