Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. v7-8

We are to be prepared, living with the end in mind, and also praying earnestly for each other - but once again as it says in Matthew 22 the most important commands include loving God and loving others as oneself (which is later restated by Jesus in John 13 to "...as I have loved you").

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me and this in spite of Your knowledge of everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am lazy and disobedient. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.