Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4

 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. v10

Humility and service are core to what Jesus asks of us...it demonstrates our love of Jesus and others.

Humility and service are discussed throughout scripture, including:
- Matthew 20
- Ephesians 6
- Mark 9
- 1 Corinthians 9

By implication, we must also "die to self" or "deny oneself" as posted here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of love for me as demonstrated by blessing upon blessing and the pouring out of mercy, compassion, patience, etc. for me. I am not deserving of such blessings and love.  I very often fail to lead in my household as You intend for me.  Forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome some such sin and turn from it towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be humble and serve others - denying myself and my selfish desires.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer. Help her have a productive appointment this morning.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.