Wednesday, February 24, 2016

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 27

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. v5

When raising kids, it seems as if every day you are dealing with one thing or another regarding behavior that is inappropriate, wrong, or sinful.  In this category alone, I feel tested and troubled and I worry whether my kids are going the right direction - many times this results in a reaction that is not Christ-like.  Yet God calls us love others as He loves us (John 13:34-35).  When God calls us to love in this way, this includes showing love in all senses of the word and what comes to mind are the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23):
  • love
  • joy
  • peace
  • forbearance
  • kindness
  • goodness
  • faithfulness
  • gentleness
  • self-control
This morning, I know I failed on at LEAST two of these counts in dealing with my kids - Father forgive me!  I have the same request that David has:

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. v4

As David does, I desire to be with God all the days of my life, in the Word and with the Spirit.  

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God, full of love for me - this I know.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve with Your love as it is abundant.  Thank You Jesus for such love. Yet again, I am undeserving.  Please forgive me for my lack of love and grace for others.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.