Thursday, February 25, 2016

Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

Psalm 27

Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me. v10

This is a tough one....there have been many times in my life where I would not have been able to persevere without others - family members, brothers and sisters in Christ, etc. Yet, above all, it is faith in Christ to provide for all needs that helps me persevere.  See recent post here.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:10

Key from the above verse is not just how everything comes from God, but that God can be counted on like no other.  We should have our faith in God, and not in people.  We cannot idolize people.  People change and cannot be counted on to the extent that God can be counted on.

See also post here from Psalm 146.

Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.  When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Psalm 146:3-4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love and grace for me - even though I am not deserving.  You are my rock and You always provide - You can ALWAYS be counted on.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet again, I know I am undeserving of such a God.  Yesterday, I lashed out in anger to my family and used harsh and coarse words - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.