Monday, February 1, 2016

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. v11

When I think of the path of life, I think about how it may not be as planned but it is all for my good and God's glory.

[The people] are the shoot I have planted,
the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.  Isaiah 60:21
 
The path of life is towards the eternal and that is where I should focus.

I keep my eyes always on the LordWith him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. v8

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.  Hebrews 12:1-2

I am the way and the truth and the life. John 14:6

My Prayer: Lord, You are way, the truth, and the life. Apart from You I am nothing.  Yet I often think about my abilities as though they are my own hand for my glory.  You have been so patient and graceful to me...thank You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth such a God because I think of myself too often and my glory.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Please help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You Jesus.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.