Friday, March 25, 2016

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God....

Psalm 46

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God....v10

God is always there, and always doing something for us...He came not to be served but to serve (Matthew 20:28, Mark 10:45).  We ought to be more present in our daily lives to be aware of this and to appreciate God's love for us...and then to praise and worship Him.

Stillness is an important part but often missing part of our lives.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...Psalm 37:7
 
Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Psalm 4:4
 
For references on worship, click here.
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are the Almighty God, my Lord and Savior, You have provided for all of my needs and protected me from great harm, and blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Yet I am not worthy - my worry persists.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Thank You Jesus for Lisa's clear mammogram and continue to protect her and heal her from the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.