Wednesday, March 22, 2017

...I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

Haggai 2

...I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.” v23

The Israelites were God's chosen people.

The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.  Deuteronomy 7:6

When Jesus came to earth, although the Good News would be open to all, only those who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior would be saved or set apart.  WE would choose God.  Others would be thrown into the fire.

His winnowing fork is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” Luke 3:17

As I posted yesterday, our relationship would not be based on deeds but instead on faith.  Also, Jesus sets us apart, knowing everything about us, including our sin.  Yet He still chose us and He still loves us.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

My Prayer: Lord, You are a gracious God full of love, compassion, mercy and patience for me.  Thank You!  I am not worth such love.  I worry too much. Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.