Wednesday, May 16, 2018

For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Isaiah 53

For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. v12

The "arm of the Lord" (v1) is portrayed as our savior and we know Jesus as this Savior.  Here is chapter 53, we get a rich description of His identity and His death an act of sacrifice for the sins of all mankind.

V2: He came as human flesh with no bearing as a savior to those who did not see Him as fulfillment of prophecy.  

V3-4: Mankind rejected Him.

V4-6: He who knew no sin became sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21).

V7-9: He died a gruesome death despite living a sinless life.

V10-12: It was the Lord's will and He will rise and reign.

It is important that we recognize that we all sin and are in need of a Savior (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8) - Jesus is that Savior.  We must also recognize who our Savior is and what He did for us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and You suffered and died so that I could have life - thank You Jesus.  What an incredible gift of grace - I am completely unworthy.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.