Wednesday, June 19, 2019

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

Acts 9

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.” v15-16

Ananias was told by the Lord to go lay hands on Saul to give him the power of the Holy Spirit (v10-12).  Ananias initially resisted (v13-14) but the Lord clarified why He was sending Ananias to Saul and ultimately Ananias did go (v17).

There are many examples of scripture where God sends people to deliver a message or carry out a task.  Jonah is one such example.  We may resist but if God is sending us, we must go because God has a plan - He is in control - and His ways and plans are perfect.  In the case of Ananias, God makes known details about His plans but in many cases we don't know (i.e. Abraham and Isaac) and we need to trust in Him.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - I have seen and can testify to Your hand in my life and the many blessings You have poured out for me.  Thank You Jesus for directing me and holding me by the hand as I go - every day.  I love You.  I am not deserving of such blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your Message for me today and every day.