Monday, February 17, 2020

And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.

Exodus 13:17-15:21

And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant. Exodus 14:31

Day 26 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on God's parting of the Red Sea as the Egyptians pursued the Israelites.

Of note here is the how the Israelites fear of destruction by the hand of the Egyptians (Exodus 14:10-12) transitioned to fear of the Lord - this led them to trust in God - although we know this trust wavers time and time again throughout the Old Testament.

I think of how John Piper wrote about fear of God as a preservative.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and worthy of my worship, fear, love, full attention, etc.  You deserve my life - as a living sacrifice.  Help me God You are worthy and I am not...not deserving of the richness You pour out on me.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.