Sunday, September 12, 2021

...and [Sin] is hidden from him, when he comes to know it, and realizes his guilt....

 Leviticus 5

...and [Sin] is hidden from him, when he comes to know it, and realizes his guilt.... Leviticus 5:2,3,4,5

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - continuing with chapter five - Five Eternal, Counter Cultural Truths about God, Us and Our Sin - covering Leviticus 5:1-13, looking specifically at the theme Sin Results in Guilt. Building on my post yesterday, my commentary right away points how in v5:2, 3, 4, and 5, God gives us instructions on how to handle sin once we realize our sin.  We are constantly sinning, with our thoughts in particular and even unintentionally - the point is that we are all born sinners and it pervades our life, and Believers are not immune to sin as we are human.  Yet even as we sin, our culture, in which we as Believers find ourselves, refrains from discussing sin as morality fades from public view.  My commentary points to a secular book Whatever Happened to Sin as an example of such discussion, and this book was written nearly 50 years ago!  The commentary then proceeds to describe guilt within secular culture as a bad thing - something to be alleviated just as another malady where perhaps we can take a pill, have a drink, etc. Yet the commentary urges all of us, Believers and non-believers alike, to see guilt as playing a necessary and critical role in pointing us to the need for God.  God alone provides the path for atonement and a means to reconcile us to Himself. We all sin and we all need a savior - Jesus Christ is that Savior! 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves us and who gives us a conscience, the Word, etc. so that we can all recognize our guilt and seek You.  Thank You Jesus!  What an awesome design!  I am not deserving of how You love me and how You design and provide for all of my needs.  I have anger and other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.