Saturday, March 12, 2022

As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

Revelation 1-3

As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches. Revelation 1:20

I return to my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  With a focus on Revelation 1:9-3:22, a key takeaway is how the commentary shares how the number 7 in the Bible represents fullness and completion so the implication is that while Christ reveals to John a message to the seven churches in these chapters of Revelation, the intended audience are all churches - not just during John's time but for all times, including churches of today. Christ offers encouragement for some and rebukes for some - the encouragement highlights how Christ is pleased in how some churches endure through suffering and trials while at the same time rebuking churches for lukewarm faith, for a waning faith, following false prophets, and for allowing love of the world to dilute faith in Christ.  These are appropriate warnings for us all!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You provide Your church to encourage, to pray for one anothers, and to support our faith - thank You Jesus!  I have been blessed by great churches!  Thank You!  I am not deserving of how You love and bless me.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.