Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Then they shall be dismayed and ashamed because of Cush their hope and of Egypt their boast. And the inhabitants of this coastland will say in that day, ‘Behold, this is what has happened to those in whom we hoped and to whom we fled for help to be delivered from the king of Assyria! And we, how shall we escape?’”

Isaiah 19-23

Then they shall be dismayed and ashamed because of Cush their hope and of Egypt their boast. And the inhabitants of this coastland will say in that day, ‘Behold, this is what has happened to those in whom we hoped and to whom we fled for help to be delivered from the king of Assyria! And we, how shall we escape?’” Isaiah 20:5-6

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 8, Day 2, the focus is on Isaiah 19-20 once again where this morning I focus on how God sought to dissuade other nations from relying on an alliance Egypt to protect themselves from Assyria's might. God certainly works mysteriously here - He humbles Isaiah by asking him to walk around naked for 3 years (v19:3-4) to SHOW others how EGYPT will be humbled...certainly an interesting and crazy method...but hey, it's God and who are we to question His ways (Isaiah 55:8). The lesson here is not just regarding the mysterious ways of God, but more importantly how He seeks for us to gain our strength upon Him, not from people.

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7:24-27

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and YOU are my rock!  Thank You God for the foundation You provide for me to build my life - I experience blessings because You are my rock.  I am not deserving of these blessings.  I do worry and I have many other sins...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.