Sunday, April 17, 2022

After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

Revelation 17-19

After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.” Revelation 19:1-2 

I wrapped my D-Group's study for the week of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide - reviewing once again the key themes for Revelation 17-19, including my memory verse - v19:1-2. With today being Easter, the memory verse for this week is particularly appropriate because God has defeated sin and death, and He did so in order that those who believe have salvation - the greatest gift of all time.  This is worthy of celebration and the worship we offer is worthy the God who gives it to us out an abundance of grace. In his defeat of sin and death, God demonstrated attributes of love but also perfect justice. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have risen indeed.  You have defeated sin and death and You are worthy of my white-hot worship - for You saved me and give me the same power that rose Your body from the grave.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.