Wednesday, April 20, 2022

In days to come Jacob shall take root, Israel shall blossom and put forth shoots and fill the whole world with fruit.

Isaiah 26-27

In days to come Jacob shall take root, Israel shall blossom and put forth shoots and fill the whole world with fruit. Isaiah 27:6

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 10, Day 4, the focus continues with Isaiah 26-27, moving on to Isaiah 27, where my commentary describes, using v6 or "prefigures" messianic prophecies of preserving a fruitful remnant to "fill the whole world with fruit." Yet we must see how God is emphasizing a remnant as most of Israel remains unfaithful.  My study points to Isaiah 24:6 where God is specific that His judgement of the whole earth will come to pass and only a "few men are left." Isaiah 27 describes how this happens through Israel's exile and desolation where God seeks to purify His people. This purification process is what God ultimately seeks from all believers who trust in Him...that through a closer relationship with Him, we would seek to please, honor and glorify Him for that is why exist - and we come to know this more and more through the sanctification process (see also refiner's fire).

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who sanctifies me - purifying me of sin and making me more like You.  Thank You Jesus for such love, compassion and grace.  I am not deserving.  My sin continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.