Thursday, May 12, 2022

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 30-32

Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. Isaiah 30:18

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, I started Lesson 12, moving to Day 2, which again focuses on Isaiah 30. As I posted yesterday, Israel fails to seek protection and refuge from God in the face of a pending Assyrian invasion, but instead seeks an alliance with Egypt.  Despite this, and how Israel heaps sin upon sin by seeking advice from false prophets who only offer only smooth words and positive messages (instead of truth that holds them accountable for their sin - see v30:10), God hears the cry of His people and responds with help. See v30:19-26 for God's response. God does hear our cries and He DOES offer comfort in our pain.

Among the many passages in scripture where God hears our cries, I recall how God heard Israel's cries in Egypt in the book of Exodus.

During those many days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. Their cry for rescue from slavery came up to God. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel—and God knew. Exodus 2:23-25

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God - despite our rebelliousness, You hear our cries and You respond - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such grace and love.  My sin continues and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.