Friday, October 7, 2022

“And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression,” declares the Lord.

Isaiah 58-60

“And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 58:13-14

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah moves on to day 2 (of 5) of week 21, which looks at Isaiah 58-60.  Day 2 reviews God's words on fasting from Isaiah 58 (see post yesterday) and then looks at Isaiah 59 where God mostly focuses on Israel's sin and wickedness but starting in v16, God points to a redeemer who intercedes on our behalf.  Of course this redeemer is Jesus Christ.  Ligonier provides this post as an encouragement for those who stand for the truth of Jesus Christ in the face of persecution.  The post shares that "...we might feel like giving up and going along with the crowd, but that would be the worst mistake we could ever make. A day is coming when God will no longer withhold His wrath but suit up for battle. He will repay His enemies according to their deeds, not graciously as He did on the cross, conquering us by bringing us over to His side. Instead, the Lord will conquer His enemies on that day by giving them the full measure of His just wrath (Isa. 59:15b–19)."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God - I know You love me and I know You give me life - to the full now, and for eternity in Heaven.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You love me.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin to point them to You.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.