Saturday, October 22, 2022

But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

Isaiah 64-66

But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word. Isaiah 66:2

I resume my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah moves on to day 1 (of 5) of week 23, which will bring my study of Isaiah to a close as it covers Isaiah 64-66.  Day 1 focuses on initial observations from the entire text.  God's final judgement and end times are core themes for these chapters, so we of course see eternal damnation for the unrepentant - those whom God gave over to their sins.  We also see hope for the remnant - the elect and those whom God chose to not only hear the gospel, but also to receive the gospel and to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  God describes this remnant in Isaiah 65:8-9:

Thus says the Lord: “As the new wine is found in the cluster, and they say, ‘Do not destroy it, for there is a blessing in it,’ so I will do for my servants' sake, and not destroy them all. I will bring forth offspring from Jacob, and from Judah possessors of my mountains; my chosen shall possess it, and my servants shall dwell there. Isaiah 65:8-9

This remnant has hope as described in 65:19

I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress. Isaiah 65:19

God also describes how we are to respond to His Word - by humbly submitting to Him and living in fear of Him as He reigns and holds our life in His hands. See Isaiah 66:2.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - You saved me.  I am undeserving of my salvation - I know it is only by Your grace that I am saved and that my faith is a gift.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.