Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Aren't We Like the Israelites?

2 Kings 17

While one can easily read this chapter and judge the Israelites harshly for their sin in turning away from the Lord and worshiping other Gods.

Yet are we not like the Israelites?  I am certainly not free from sin and I have my idols.  I am just like the Israelites:

40 They would not listen, however, but persisted in their former practices. 41 Even while these people were worshiping the LORD, they were serving their idols. To this day their children and grandchildren continue to do as their ancestors did. (verse 40-41)

I desperately need Jesus, for it is only through Him that I can turn away from sin.  He is the one true God and I pray in earnest that I can be purified of my sin, trust in the Lord, love Him with all of my heart, and follow Him with all of my heart.