Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Praise the Lord, my soul

Psalm 146

I have struggled over the past several weeks with worry and my faith in Christ has been weak...and I have committed other sins as well.  Yet the Lord loves me no matter what and no less based on anything I do.  What an amazing God!  The verses from this Psalm definitely speak to me today.

6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—he remains faithful forever
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
8 the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord loves the righteous.
9 The Lord watches over the foreigner and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

My Prayer: Lord, you ARE awesome...that you welcome me back anytime regardless of how I seperate myself from You with sin.  I confess to you today that my faith has been weak and that I have trusted in my own powers and the power of others...regardless of what this Psalm says to not trust princes (or other humans!).  I have also lusted over other women in my heart and I am full of shame.  I thank You that You love me and can forgive me of these sins because of course I need You to and I am asking that You do.  Please also build up my faith and help me close the separation that I have had with You and help me seek You out daily and throughout my day.