Monday, April 20, 2015

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. v13-14

God does not hold anything against us in terms of what we have done in the past, nor does He want us to relish in the "glory days" of what we have done [see The MacArthur Bible Commentary (Kindle Locations 56560-56562. (Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.)].  Instead, he calls us forward, knowing that He is with us every step of the way, and that He calls us to step out of the boat as Peter does. 

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

“Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”  Matthew 14:28-31

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God creator of the heavens and the earth, and of all of its inhabitants.  You are capable of all things and You suffered and died for me...knowing everything about me including my sin.  You ARE the fruits of the spirit and I know You have incredible and indescribable love and mercy for me.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am weak and lazy.  Thank You that You love me and bless me Jesus but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me avoid hindrance from my past and instead cling to You so that I may be pulled forward, boldly, towards You and who You intend me to be.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Please help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.