Monday, April 13, 2015

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. v13

There is a battle for our souls every day, many times multiple times a day.  Satan is powerful...more powerful than we are by ourselves. But we have Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior....and what a savior He is!  He has already beaten death and sin on our behalf - we just need to believe and have faith and trust in Him.  For us to be successful at beating death and sin, we must come to Christ daily...as instructed by Moses:

 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:6-9

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my protector...and You have protected me from sin MANY times over and You have done so much more than that!  What a great God You are and I am SO in need of You in my life.  I am not worth such a savior as a am broken.  I am selfish, lazy, easily distracted, etc.  Thank You for Your blessings and love anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin, turn from it, and turn towards You instead!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Praise for all of the awesome support.  Help me put on daily the full armor of God.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.