Thursday, April 16, 2015

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Philippians 2

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. v3-4

Jesus states (Matthew 22, John 13) that we are to love the Lord Your God with all of your, heart, soul, mind (and strength), and to love others as Christ loves You.  Core to this love is humility (see also Matthew 5 - Sermon on the Mount).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You came to serve...for me, and for all of Your children, knowing everything about us, including our sin.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such a God because I am prideful and selfish.  Thank You for Your love anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me become humble...as humble as You are.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.