Tuesday, April 21, 2015

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Philippians 3

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. v20-21

Much as I posted yesterday, God calls us forward, not backward.  Because we are called forward and today because we are citizens of heaven we are aliens in this world and not to become comfortable in the here and now...we have a job to do...and God calls us forward...pressing on.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God who is able to defeat the grave and one who is able to transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like Your glorious body!  How awesome You are!  I know You love me and for this I am deeply thankful and full of praise.  I am not worth such a love.  I am lazy, selfish, and disobedient.  Please forgive me Jesus! Help me overcome such sin and turn forward towards You instead!  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer. Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.