Thursday, June 23, 2016

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Psalm 103

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. v11-12

Although I should have had to be, I needed to be reminded of God's love for me.  Today was busy, hectic, at times unnerving.  Yet God is always there...always with me.  And yes, He is certainly worthy of our praise and worship as this Psalm does so well!


And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
 
My Prayer: Lord, You indeed are great and I know Your love for me is higher and deeper than I can ever describe.  I know that You are full of mercy, kindness, etc. even though my sin and brokenness continues.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet again I am not worthy of such efforts and love.  I am easily discouraged and I often lack faith.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.