Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Psalm 97

Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked. v10

The world is full of sin and wickedness and God calls His children to holiness.  

Be holy, because I am holy. 1 Peter 1:16, Lev. 11:44,45; 19:2

As I posted yesterday, we exist to glorify God - we were made in His image. We must draw near to God, daily, seeking Him.  As we seek God and draw near to Him, we reflect more of His image in us.

Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it. Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.  For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. Proverbs 8:33-35

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

My Prayer: Lord, You indeed are a great God worthy of my praise and worship.  You alone set the moon and the stars in their place and You hold all things together...wonderfully.  You know everything about me, including my sin, yet You love me anyway.  I am weak, impatient, harsh with my words and actions - please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.