Monday, June 20, 2016

Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Psalm 100

Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. v3

We were made by God, in His image, and made to serve and glorify Him - see also posts here.

How do we glorify Him:
  1. Know Him (Proverbs 8:33-35)
  2. Speak to Him (Colossians 4:2)
  3. Listen to Him (Matthew 17:5, James 1:19)
  4. Worship Him (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)
  5. Serve Him, Others, and the Church (1 Peter 4:10)
 God promises blessings for those who follow Him in these ways - yet we must remember it is not about doing....our heart must desire to serve Jesus (Psalm 24:4-5

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You are my creator.  You are worthy of my worship and praise and I desire for You to rule in my heart and life.  Thank You for all that You are and all that You do for me .  I am not worthy of what You did for me on the cross - I continue to worry, be impatient and to be harsh with my words and thoughts.  Please forgive me for my sins and help me overcome and turn from them and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.