Thursday, June 30, 2016

Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin. Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented.

Psalm 106

Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin.  Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented. v43-45

God gives us MANY second chances for He is full of mercy, compassion, gentleness, grace, etc.  What a God we have!  Yet God does not have an unlimited amount of these attributes for us...we must remain awake, alert, sober, etc. for we do not know the hour of His return nor the hour when He may call us home.  See also Matthew 25:1-12 for the Parable of the Ten Virgins.  

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.  Matthew 25:13

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - you provide SO many second chances through forgiveness and freedom from sin!  Thank You Jesus for the overwhelming love, patience, mercy, compassion, etc.  I am not worth such blessings.  I don't want to sin but I do...I continue to worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.