Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Colossians 4

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. v2

Paul wants us to love Jesus our Lord and Savior with all of our hearts, soul, mind and strength.  This is the most important command (Matthew 22).  As both a means and an end, we must go to Jesus in prayer and through the word.  Paul's words here in Colossians are just another way of saying "love Jesus".

See also posts here
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You are pure holy and blameless, even as You walked the earth!  You are so full of love, compassion, gentleness, joy, mercy, patience, etc. (ALL the fruits of the spirit).  I SO want to be more like You!  Yet I fall short and I desperately need You in my life.  I am broken and quick to anger and harsh with my thoughts, words and actions.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and help me turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me pray continually!  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please cure and heal her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.