Friday, May 29, 2015

Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

1 Timothy 4

Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you. v14

Paul is addressing Timothy here encouraging Timothy to use his gift of teaching.  I found a great reference on this topic here. We must all remember that we exist solely to glorify God.

My Prayer: Lord, what an awesome God You are that Your design for all things is so perfect that all things work together for Your glory and for such good!  How great You are!  You give me and all of Your children spiritual gifts that we enjoy using and bless others...Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth all of Your love and blessing.  I am harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me use my spiritual gifts to all of my ability.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.