Monday, May 4, 2015

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. v17

We have MUCH to be thankful for and we need to be MINDFUL of the blessings in our lives...PLUS we need to have an expanded view of those circumstances for which we SHOULD be thankful.

See also 1 Thessalonians:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God, full of compassion and patience for me...even though I am not deserving...I am so easily distracted by worldly matters.  Thank You for Your love, compassion and patience even though I am not deserving.  Please forgive me for my lack of focus...I should be focused on You and heavenly matters...on pleasing and glorifying You because I know that is why I exist.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me be thankful moment by moment...regardless of my circumstances.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.